Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Week at the Burn's




We went to Bow's playground in memory of the Burn's friend's son, Bow, who died in a car accident. He liked dungeon and dragons so they made a playground with a castle, dragons, knights, trolls, monsters and gargoyles. I am on top of a gargoyle looking evil! We stayed at the Burn's for a week in Carbondale, Illinois where my dad grew up. They live in a forest that is called Burns Woods. We saw skunks, tortoises, deers, frogs, fireflies, birds, squirrels, butterflies, mosquitos and other insects. Their house was very big and beautiful. They have a three story house surrounded by trees which was devastated by a storm and some of the big ones fell on the house on Mrs. Burn's room and a deck outside. The road towards the house was littered with huge trees but they cleared it already. I love visiting with Mrs Burns because we had so much fun. I had sleepover in her room and we talked all night about girl stuff like clothes, jewelry, books, a book club, and my friends in New Zealand. We even watched Harry Potter together and covered my eyes when the scarry parts came up.

No comments:

Post a Comment